Annual Sporting Clays Tournament
Date: October 6th, 2020
Location: Powder Creek Shooting Park
Registration: 1:00 pm
Start Time: 2:00 pm
Buffet Dinner: 4:00 pm
Click Here for Registration Form
SMACNA-KC Members that have been appointed and re-appointed to the following National Committees
Safety and Health Committee – Stacey Smyly, SMACNA-KC
Products & Programs Coordinating Committee – Tom Zahner, A. Zahner Company
Industrial Contractors Council Steering Committee – Sam Fuller, Central Industrial Sheet Metal Works, Inc.
SMACNA Testing & Research Institute Board of Directors Andy Phelps – Barnes and Dodge, Inc.
In the past two weeks, design & construction leaders have been overwhelmed with new economic and job site disruptions in several states. On top of that, there is a mounting impact of how Covid-19 is affecting your employees’ families and our communities. This is causing a significant amount of confusion and is further derailing even the most stubborn executive teams.
Here are a few issues I’m seeing:Leaders are struggling to stay consistent with reporting and accountabilityCompany plans are not pivoting or being updated; and quickly become irrelevantSurvival mode is overtaking effective team priorities, planning, and progressA lack of focus on clients and their changing needsLeadership burnout and exhaustion If you’re struggling with one or more of these issues, contemplating a solution or are looking for one….set up a call. I want to help; I’m here to help!
Here’s a direct link to my schedule; grab a time that works for you.
Schedule A Call
Now more than ever, “they” need you.
President, Pioneer iQ
The 7th Annual National Safety Stand-Down to Prevent Falls has been rescheduled for September 14-18, 2020. As part of the planning process, OSHA is focusing on having events that rely on safe procedures in the COVID environment (virtual town halls, webinars, podcasts, and other methods are being planned). More details to follow.
Promote National Suicide Prevention Month
September 6 – 12
We can all help prevent suicide. Every year, the Lifeline and other mental health organizations and individuals across the U.S. and around the world raise awareness of suicide prevention during September, National Suicide Prevention Month.
SMACNA NATIONAL NEWS
- SMACNA’s workforce development efforts continue to drive interest and raise awareness of our trade.
- SMACNA is pleased to announce that Federated Mutual Insurance Company has renewed for a second time its three year Premier Partnership agreement with SMACNA through 2023.
- Congressional staff continues to tell SMACNA that we must increase efforts in the push for Composite Plans.
- SMOHIT is now accepting nominations for its annual Safety Matters Awards.
- A new OSHA resource helps employers understand and comply with OSHA’s Respiratory Protection Standard during COVID-10.