SEPTEMBER 6TH – 10TH IS SUICIDE PREVENTION WEEK!!!
I’m sure each and every one of you knows someone who has been touched by the tragedy of suicide if not yourself.In the last month, I have heard of four incidents of suicide in just the friends and families that I am around on a day-to-day basis.This is a serious issue and our industry has one of the highest rates of suicide.Please take a moment or several in the month of September to share with your employees, family, and friends, the information that can be found on this website: www.constructionsuicideprevention.com
There are many, many resources on this website – videos, toolbox talks, expert information, and courses. Even an awareness rollout plan – please check it out!!! SMACNA-Kansas City has purchased 2500 wristbands with the Suicide Prevention Hotline on it for you to hand out as awareness to your employees this next month.
PLEASE, CALL THE OFFICE OR JUST REACH OUT TO US AND LET US KNOW HOW MANY WRISTBANDS YOU’D LIKE TO BE SENT/DELIVERED TO YOUR LOCATION!!!
Royals vs. Indians
Where: Price Chopper Patio
Gates Open: 5:30 pm
Game Starts: 7:10 pm
Tickets are limited!!!
Food and drinks are provided!
RSVP to CJ at 816-421-3360 or email@example.com
Ken McDaniel, owner of Syntax Safety Systems
SMACNA-KC would like to announce a new partnership with Syntax Safety Systems to handle SMACNA-KC Contractor Members’ safety needs. With the retirement of Steve Ratliff, we decided to secure a contract with a safety consulting firm to continue to be able to assist our members with their safety needs.
Welcome New SMACNA-KC Associate Member
NSC Applied Products Group (NSC APG) is comprised of HVAC commercial and residential specialists based in Kansas City and St. Louis. We provide training, certification, installation support, and start up assistance for HVAC applied equipment for the plan & spec, design build and replacement markets.
Click Here for NSC-APG Line-Card
Engineered Sales NSC
Applied Products Group
SMACNA NATIONAL NEWS
- Bringing guidance to food processing industry projects was goal of new SMACNA guidelines.
- The estimation process is critical to the success of any given project, but it’s also a leading indicator of the overall health of your construction business in the long term.
- The purpose of a prequalification process is to evaluate whether a contractor is qualified to bid on a specific construction project.
- We’ve all heard the phrase, “It’s a marathon, not a sprint.”
- For nearly two years, the Covid-19 pandemic has triggered shortages of consumer goods. Construction companies have found themselves trying to work around disruptions in the steel market.